January 7, 2011

Dialogue

Me: Or you could log onto your AIM, and I could send you a list of the films I need.
He: I don't have an AIM since I reformatted my computer.
Me: So just download it again.
He: I'm not going to download AIM for this single instance.
Me: No, you'll get plenty of mileage out of it. If you log in, I will send you all kinds of lists and links. When I have random thoughts, I AIM people them.
He: I have a facebook; why would I want to use AIM?
Me: Because I don't have a facebook.
He: Just get a facebook then. That's so much easier than me downloading AIM.
Me: I disagree. Because there are political considerations with facebook that I don't think you can really appreciate. If I got a facebook now, I would be under the obligation to tell people why it took me so long to get a facebook, and I'm not ready for that. Maybe when I get my bachelor's degree.
He: [Sighs] Then e-mail it to me.
Me: You don't check your e-mail.
He: I know.
Me: Because you have a facebook.
He: Exactly.
Me: So that doesn't help me at all.
He: Just get a facebook.
Me: Just get an AIM.
He: Why don't you just type up the list of movies you need me to download, and give them to me on Sunday?
Me: That seems like a lot of trouble.
He: More trouble than this entire conversation?
Me: I find that unlikely.
He: Alright, I've gotta go.
Me: OK, so I'll just AIM that list over to you tonight, then.
He:
Me: See you Sunday.
[He exits]